And on Monday, Spencer started kindergarten! He was definitely ready to be with the older kids at elementary school. But also sad to goodbye to his teachers and friends and meet a lot of new people in a new school. He is doing great, and loves his teacher Miss Alexis, but still getting settled. It's definitely a lot to go from a small preschool to a K-8 school with a lot more going on. Even I am a bit overwhelmed with everything! But it's a welcoming place and I am so glad we are there (even though I am commuting across the city now on a daily basis). Can't wait to see what he will learn this year. Right now, he reports that they "do math" by "counting to 100" -- but it's the same answer he gave all week long, so I am not so sure. And he has "6 friends," so it must be going well, right?
Justine meanwhile is obsessed with doing everything her brother does, and learning new things every day. She can ride her scooter well and loves trying to race Spencer, is still obsessed with books and letters, and loves showing off some yoga and dancing moves when prompted. She also is really into bows in her hair and animals on her clothes :) She'll be a preschooler herself before we know it.
Surfing in our garage
Yosemite and Camp Mather adventures!
Some pool time (they both are *very* into it)
KINDERGARTEN! (I'm not crying, you're crying)











No comments:
Post a Comment