Spencer is officially 5 years old! He had a fun set of festivities this year, including a party with his bestie Hope. He got his first 2-wheeler bike this year (he chose an (overpriced) purple one), and he is already riding it like a champ, so I guess the price tag was worth it. This year when I told him that my birthday was also in March, he said to me "Grown-ups have birthdays too?!" He is still very into science, including reptiles and geology (thanks, Dad). He also loves school and seems pretty excited about that part of kindergarten (but not the new friends part). He loves that his teachers read chapter books to the class at nap/rest time. I got excited about that and told him that I also loved chapter books like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, especially the part when Charlie found a golden ticket...He promptly came home the next day and told me "No spoilers, Mom. No one else in my class knew about the golden ticket yet." Happy birthday, dude -- you're pretty awesome.
Here are pictures from his bday celebrations:
And of course we also had some regular fun times at parks and with short local hikes -- the usual Lyles California life. Justine (lil red) is growing like a weed and signing so many words lately that I can barely keep up.
No comments:
Post a Comment