Thursday, September 14, 2017

End of summer '17

Since I am headed back to work on Monday, I figured I would try to post a couple of pictures of life lately.  Justine is only 3.5 months old, and she is already getting shafted on the regular photo taking and updating about her life -- sorry, baby girl!  We still love you just the same.

Justine has had a wonderful summer and is even more fun now that she isn't a newborn but a chubby and bubbly baby.  Already ready to catch up with her big brother and not to be left out of any action, she rolled over front-to-back at 9 weeks and then back-to-front at 3.5 months.  She coos and smiles all day long, and has added a giggle to her repertoire.  So basically, an angel baby.  

Spencer also had a huge summer, becoming a big brother as well as starting preschool in our neighborhood.  Big changes (and lots of tears) of course, but he is settling in like a champ. He is a fabulous big brother who gives tons of unprompted hugs and kisses to his little sister.  He also continues to give us so many hilarious statements/observations on life:
"Mom, I threw money in the fountain...I wished for a helicopter full of treats."
"We don't want to lose Justine.  If she gets lost in the jungle, I will go and save her with Finn's [his best friend's] light saber."
[Talking to his sister]: "Did you have a good day at mom's work, Justine?" (Didn't have the heart to tell him that we actually stayed home while he went to school)
[Watching Chris wipe out on the Hamilton pool inflatable obstacle course -- which, yes, was meant for bigger kids and not adults]:  "Daddy needs more practice." [Then, when Chris went again and mastered the course with a front flip at the end]: "Dad, that was incredible."
[When asked where we were flying on the airplane]: "Costco!"

A few pictures of the summer craziness:

Justine's first trip to the beach at 2 weeks old:

Father's day picnic in the Presidio:

Sibling love:

Lil Wonder Woman:

1 month old:

Cutie pies:

Strawberry smiles:

2 months old, with some serious cheeks:

Grandma and Grandpa Lyles visit us to meet Justine!:

 Annual Giants game (someone really only cared about the ice cream):

First day of preschool!

3 months old:

And ending maternity leave with an amazing family trip to Kauai:








We are also so lucky that my parents have come to stay with us for a few months to watch Justine as I go back to work, and the kids are loving having them here already:



No comments:

Post a Comment